Welcome to First Grade!

 Welcome to Mrs. Baij’s and Mrs. Restivo’s First Grade Class!


I would like to welcome you to Archway Arete. This will be my eighth year as a teacher with Great Hearts!

I moved to Arizona 15 years ago from Michigan and live here with my husband, daughter (11th grade), and son (8th grade). I graduated from Northern Michigan University in 2005, with a Bachelors Degree in Marketing. I spent time raising my children and working in the insurance industry until I followed my heart and began teaching. In 2015 I graduated from Grand Canyon University with a Masters Degree in Elementary Education. While attending GCU, I gained experience teaching as a guest teacher for Cartwright School District and Paradise Education Center. In my spare time I enjoy running, reading, and spending time with my family and friends.

Throughout the year, you can expect your child to not only flourish as a scholar, but also in their moral and social development. As we explore various forms of classical literature, early people and civilization, Spalding phonics, and Singapore math, your child will develop and internalize the nine core virtues that Great Hearts Academies has build their educational foundation upon.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns throughout the year. I look forward to working together with you to build a strong parent-teacher relationship.

A note from our assistant teacher Mrs. Restivo: 

Comments